Our mission is to recruit and develop student-athletes who will perform successfully in the classroom and compete at the championship level in every sport in compliance with the letter and spirit of all NCAA and Pac-12 rules. We will operate under an administrative structure managed in an open and fiscally sound manner, supporting equitable opportunity for all students and staff, and committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct. The USC Athletic Department will follow four basic principles: to promote the well being of student participants; to attain and maintain competitive excellence; to administer clearly, openly and responsibly; and to support the overall goals of the USC community.
The goals of USC Athletics are to:
- Graduate every student-athlete who completes athletics eligibility at USC
- Compete successfully in every sport, striving to be in the top l0 nationally with the ultimate goal of winning national championships
- Provide an environment conducive to positive growth and development of student-athletes and Athletic Department staff
- Provide adequate financial support within the department to ensure continuing development of each sport program without university subsidization
- Comply fully with all NCAA and Pac-l2 regulations